Visitors from home…

With Christmas done I had a couple of busy days at work and then Tim arrived! It was the first time I’d seen a Stroudy since I’d left, so it was really great to have him around for a few days. Tim is a beginner snowboarder and I had a couple of days at work, so Tim got himself a lesson and some practise in for the first day or two, to get limbered up for when I took him up the mountain proper! On my first day off we got up early and headed up to the learning area on Whistler for a few hours before finishing off with a ride across the Peak 2 Peak to Blackcomb and down back to my flat. After that I was time to get some serious aprés on as it was New Years eve! After a day off to get over our hangovers, we had another day on the mountain and then headed down to meet my parents who’d just arrived in town. I hadn’t seen them since the day I left and they were very happy to see me. We all went for a drink and on the way Tim snapped us at the Olympic rings.

At the Olympic rings.

At the Olympic rings.

The next day Tim made his way down to Vancouver to watch the Canucks (the Vancouver ice hockey team) play, and I stayed behind to work, and spend some time with my parents. We went out for a superb steak dinner in the evening, and the day after we went snow shoeing, and went to the tube park! They also bought a few Christmas presents with them, and amongst the many winter socks (that I desperately needed) was a new GoPro Hero 3! Unfortunately my parents were only around for 3 days, so the next day after work I headed down to town and had dinner with them, and then had to say goodbye them the morning after on my way to work. Tim had said that he wanted to get right up the mountain, so after he returned from Vancouver we headed to the 7th Heaven area of Blackcomb. It was a perfect “bluebird” day, so we had to get some photos. Here’s us on the way;

On the way to shred...

On the way to shred…

And here’s us at the top!

On top of the world!

On top of the world!

For the next couple of days we had a few lazy days of boarding, boozing, and gaming, before Tim had to make his way back to Vancouver and home beyond. It was great to see him and hopefully he might come visit me in Toronto in the summer!

With January now in full flow I returned to my usual routine of working and riding. I’m beginning to get to know the lifties now, and had an awesome day with a couple of the guys last week! In the last few days however, the snow has turned to rain and the whole town is now desperately awaiting the next big dump.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s